List:       zlib-devel
Subject:    [Zlib-devel] Fwd: Zlib static and dynamic libraries for Windows
From:       cosmin () cs ! toronto ! edu (Cosmin Truta)
Date:       2003-10-25 15:41:00

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Alexandru Czimbor wrote:

> Thanks for the response.
> We will certainly use 1.2.x in the future, but we would prefer to do
> it as soon as it becomes the "current" release on
> http://www.gzip.org/zlib/ (I suspect this is the place where most of
> the people take the "zlib" sources from).

That's a wise choice.

> BTW, any idea when this will happen?

We are in the release candidate stage. I'm sorry I cannot give a very
good estimate, but, other than the limited time that is available to
Mark Adler (the zlib co-author and the current maintainer) to take care
of this release, there are not many reasons not to having it soon.

Best regards,
Cosmin