List:       zfs-discuss
Subject:    Re: [zfs-discuss] Two disks giving errors in a raidz pool, advice needed
From:       Manuel Ryan <ryan () shamu ! ch>
Date:       2012-04-25 17:59:16

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hey again, I'm back with some news from my situation.

I tried taking out the faulty disk 5 and replacing it with a new disk, but
the pool showed up as FAULTED. So I plugged the faulting disk back keeping
the new disk in the machine, then ran a zpool replace.

After the new disk resilvered completely (took around 9 hours), the zpool
status still shows the disk as "replacing" but is not doing anything
(iostat not showing any disk activity). If I try to remove the faulty
drive, the pool shows up a DEGRADED now and still "replacing" the old
broken disk.

The overall state of the pool seems to have been getting worse, the other
failing disk is giving the write errors again, the pool had 28k corrupted
files (60k checksum errors on the raidz1 and  28k checksum errors on the
pool itself).

After seeing that, I tried to do a zpool clear to try and help the replace
process finish. After this, disk 1 was UNAVAIL due to too many IO errors
and the pool was DEGRADED.

I rebooted the machine, the pool is not back ONLINE with the disk5 still
saying "replacing" and 0 errors except permanent ones.

I don't really know what to try next :-/ any idea ?