List:       zfs-discuss
Subject:    [zfs-discuss] grrr, How to get rid of mis-touched file named `-c'
From:       Harry Putnam <reader () newsguy ! com>
Date:       2011-11-23 19:43:10

Somehow I touched some rather peculiar file names in ~.  Experimenting
with something I've now forgotten I guess.

Anyway I now have 3 zero length files with names -O, -c, -k.

I've tried as many styles of escaping as I could come up with but all
are rejected like this:

  rm \-c
  rm: illegal option -- c
  usage: rm [-fiRr] file ...

Ditto for:

  [\-]c
  '-c'
  *c
  '-'c
 \075c

OK, I'm out of escapes.  or other tricks... other than using emacs but
I haven't installed emacs as yet.

I can just ignore them of course, until such time as I do get emacs
installed, but by now I just want to know how it might be done from a
shell prompt.