List:       zfs-discuss
Subject:    Re: [zfs-discuss] zfs destroy snapshot runs out of memory bug
From:       Paul Kraus <paul () kraus-haus ! org>
Date:       2011-10-31 13:41:58

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 9:07 AM, Jim Klimov <jimklimov@cos.ru> wrote:
> 2011-10-31 16:28, Paul Kraus wrote:

>> Oracle has provided a loaner system with 128 GB RAM and it took 75 GB of
>> RAM
>> to destroy the problem snapshot). I had not yet posted a summary as we
>> are still working through the overall problem (we tripped over this on
>> the replica, now we are working on it on the production copy).
>
> Good for you ;)
> Does Oracle loan such systems free to support their own foul-ups?
> Or do you have to pay a lease anyway? ;)

    If you are paying for a support contract, _demand_ what is needed
to fix the problem. If you are not paying for support, well, then you
are on your own (as I believe the license says).

    Maybe I've been in this business longer than many of the folks
here, but I both expect software to have bugs and I do NOT expect
commercial software vendors to provide fixes for free.

--
Paul Kraus