List:       zfs-discuss
Subject:    Re: [zfs-discuss] cannot replace c10t0d0 with c10t0d0: device
From:       Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy () karlsbakk ! net>
Date:       2011-03-05 12:48:31

> You cannot. That's why I suggested two years ago that they chop off 1%
> from the end of the disk at install time to equalize drive sizes. That
> way you you wouldn't run into this problem trying to replace disks
> from a different vendor or different batch. The response was that Sun
> makes sure all drives are exactly the same size (although I do recall
> someone on this forum having this issue with Sun OEM disks as well).

We had a disk crash some months back on a Sun pizzabox - disks were mirrored (linux \
software raid), so no problem, except the new drive was a bit smaller than the \
original. This was a replacement part from Sun^WOracle... Since the machine was a \
compute node, I ended up reinstalling it instead of waiting for another replacement.

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk