List:       zfs-discuss
Subject:    Re: [zfs-discuss] way to find out of a dataset has children
From:       "Geoff Nordli" <geoffn () gnaa ! net>
Date:       2010-09-27 20:23:21

Hi Richard.

Yes, we can use the origin, but that tells me where it came from, not how
many snapshots are built from it.

Before I can delete it, the clone can't have any snapshots under it.

This isn't hard to solve, I can just do a regex on the clone name looking
for snapshots name, but I was hoping there was a simple zfs property I can
query.

Thanks,

Geoff