List:       zfs-discuss
Subject:    Re: [zfs-discuss] OpenSolaris snv_134 zfs pool hangs after some
From:       Brandon High <bhigh () freaks ! com>
Date:       2010-04-29 1:03:33

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Jim Horng <jhorng@stretchinc.com> wrote:
> This is not a performance issue.  The rsync will hang hard and one of the child \
> process can not be killed (I assume it's

I've seen a similar issue on a b133 host that has a large DDT, but I
haven't waited very long to see if it completes. You can't kill it
while it's blocking on io, but once that finishes it'll die.

> What's the size of the L2ARC needed for dedup a 4.4TB volume?

I'm not sure if there's a guideline other than "big". It depends on
the size of the DDT. Lots of unique data will give you a very large
DDT, while 100,000 copies of the same file will give you a much
smaller one.

-B

--
Brandon High : bhigh@freaks.com