List:       zfs-discuss
Subject:    [zfs-discuss] raidz1 pool import failed with missing slog
From:       Yuriy Vasylchenko <yuriy.av () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-31 18:02:16

In osol 2009.06 - rpool vdev was dying but I was able to do the clean export of the \
data pool. The data pool's zil was on the failed HDD's slice as well as slog's GUID. \
As the result I have 4 out of 4 raid5 healthy data drives but cannot import zpool to \
access the data. This is obviously a disaster for me.

I found two discussions about similar issues:
http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=233666 and
http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=420073
But I don't think the recipes in these threads can help to import the inconsistent
pool.

Is there any way to ignore missing ZIL devices during the import?
I expected that this is the case, since \
http://www.solarisinternals.com/wiki/index.php/ZFS_Best_Practices_Guide says: \
                [b]Hybrid Storage Pools (or Pools with SSDs)[/b]
If a separate log device is not mirrored and the device that contains the log fails, \
storing log blocks reverts to the storage pool.

If not - can I somehow reassemble the pool using [b]zpool import -D[/b] option, or do \
anything else to get my data back?

Please help!

["zpool_import.log" (application/octet-stream)]