List:       zfs-discuss
Subject:    Re: [zfs-discuss] ZFS & array NVRAM cache?
From:       "Brian H. Nelson" <bnelson () cis ! ysu ! edu>
Date:       2007-09-28 14:14:04

Dale Ghent wrote:
> Yes, it's in there:
>
> [daleg@s10i-test]/$ cat /etc/release
>                          Solaris 10 8/07 s10x_u4wos_12b X86

It's also available in U3 (and probably earlier releases as well) after
installing kernel patch 120011-14 or 120012-14. I checked this last night.

Prior releases have the zil_noflush tunable, but it seems that that only
turned off some of the flushing. This one was present in U3 (and maybe
U2) as released.

IMO the better option is to configure the array to ignore the syncs, if
that's possible. I'm not sure if it is in the case of the arrays you listed.

-Brian