List:       zeromq-dev
Subject:    Re: [zeromq-dev] Server (router) stops receiving messages after awhile
From:       Luka Napotnik <luka.napotnik () visionect ! com>
Date:       2016-04-14 10:37:51

I created a minimal test case but couldn't reproduce the problem:
http://pastie.org/private/e9i8ikon6evtxfvbs5b4nq
The code is in go and I tag every request with an ID so the replies
match to the requests. I tried the handover flag but it doesn't help.

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Doron Somech <somdoron@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you using identities for the clients? If so try enabling router
> handover.
>
> On Apr 14, 2016 12:13, "Pieter Hintjens" <ph@imatix.com> wrote:
>>
>> Can you make a minimal test case that reproduces this?
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Luka Napotnik
>> <luka.napotnik@visionect.com> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > my client sends requests (as a DEALER socket) and the server (a ROUTER
>> > socket) handles the request and sends the reply back (taking the route
>> > path into account) . Now, at start, everything works but after awhile,
>> > messages, sent from the client, don't get recv()-ed by the server
>> > anymore. What am I missing? The strangest thing is that the
>> > communication works for awhile. I've installed a monitor on both ends
>> > and there are no events just before things starting to fail.
>> >
>> > Please help.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Luka Napotnik, Platform Developer, Ukmarjeva ulica 2, 1000 Ljubljana,
>> > Slovenia, Europe, www.visionect.com

Luka Napotnik, Lead Platform Developer, Ukmarjeva ulica 2, 1000
Ljubljana, Slovenia, Europe, www.visionect.com