List:       zeromq-dev
Subject:    Re: [zeromq-dev] memory preallocation for realtime use cases
From:       Uli_Köhler <ulikoehler.dev () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2013-05-19 20:33:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Michel,​

What transport method are you using? If you're not using inproc, I suppose
the IO threads will allocate memory on their own - besides that, the
lockfree pipes (see ypipe.c) will probably also allocate some memory.
Please check the source code to be absolutely sure, if these factors matter
in your use case.

Maybe the REUSE flag can partially solve your problem, as far as I
understand it, it prevents the message (zmq_msg_t) itself from being free'd
once sent.

Best regards,
Uli