List:       zeromq-dev
Subject:    Re: [zeromq-dev] SUB socket missing last message if it's large, RCVBUF increases help
From:       Pieter Hintjens <ph () imatix ! com>
Date:       2012-09-27 17:07:58

Hi John,

Sounds like a bug; can you test against the latest libzmq master, and
create an issue in Jira, thanks?

-Pieter

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Iverson, John Robert
<jrivers@sandia.gov> wrote:
> So I've run into an issue with =D8MQ 2.2.0.  I'm using C++ bindings on a =
linux machine.

> Basically the last message sent from my PUB socket is never delivered to =
the SUB socket.  I haven't changed ZMQ_LINGER so it's still set to "forever=
".  It only happens on larger messages (say, 350kb), and my little repeatab=
le program shows the issue every time.

> All except the very last message are delivered fine.  I'm letting the zmq=
::context_t be destructed (and thus zmq_term be called).

> If all the messages are sent by the sender before I start the receiver, t=
he problem goes away.

> If I add a sleep(5) to the sender after sending the last message, the pro=
blem goes away.

> Increasing ZMQ_RCVBUF lets slightly larger messages to through but even-l=
arger ones still have a problem.

> Example code is at http://pastebin.com/SnhqKRaa
>
> Does this sound like a bug, or am I most likely just missing something?  =
Thanks!