List:       zeromq-dev
Subject:    Re: [zeromq-dev] 0MQ 3.1 PUB/SUB Filtering
From:       Pieter Hintjens <ph () imatix ! com>
Date:       2012-05-29 9:11:53

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 2:29 AM, Iggy Philly <iggy.philly@hotmail.com> wrot=
e:

> I'm new to 0MQ and I'm having a hard time finding any definitive informat=
ion
> about how the publisher-side filtering works in v3.1. I've search around
> here and via google and found various threads discussing XSUB/XPUB and
> m_trie but nothing that appear official or describes how thing actual work
> in 3.1. Ideally, I'd like to be able to support publisher-side filtering
> using regular expressions or some basic pattern matching of some kind. Is
> this possible? If so, are there any examples the document this?

Libzmq does not do regular expression matching. If you want this, it's
trivial to add in subscribers using a regexp library.

In 3.1 subscriptions are sent upstream to publishers.

> On another topic: Any update=A0on the scheulde for=A0making 3.1 stable?

Probably this week. We're closing one or two issues. But the libzmq
git master is already pretty stable, and it's what I'd develop a new
application on today.

-Pieter