List:       zend-engine2
Subject:    Re: [PEAR-DEV] ZendEngine2/RFCs/002.txt
From:       "Jesus M. Castagnetto" <jcastagnetto () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-09-10 21:37:26

Just one question/comment

--- Stig Sæther Bakken <ssb@alltheweb.com> wrote:
> [Cross-posted between engine2 and pear-dev since this message mostly
> touches PEAR topics.]

[...snip...]

> 1. Allow mid-file namespaces changes that would allow a file to
>    contain:
>
>    namespace Foo;
>    class Bar ...
>    namespace Foo:Bar;
>    constants ...

Is this behavior supposed to serve the similar one that "package" does in Java?
Borrowing the package syntax may be also useful in making clear which bits
belong to which namespace, with the added benefit that it will be clear which
classes, constants, etc. belong together. I am thinking something like:

package HTML:Table;

at the top of the file.

Also, we could borrow the mechanism of importing values/methods like in Java or
Python, e.g.:

import Foo;

$boom = new Foo:Bar();
echo Foo:Bar:PLUNK;