List:       zebra
Subject:    [zebra 5931] Re: bgp route problem
From:       Jawaid.Bazyar () foreThought ! net
Date:       2000-11-30 16:12:37

I am also seeing this. My configuration is as follows:

Linux cacheflow.forethought.net 2.4.0-test10 #6 SMP Fri Nov 17 01:29:26
MST 2000 i686 unknown

upstream peer (as 5696) <-> zebra (as 6653) <-> cisco 3662 (as 6653)

I have numerous instances of "double" routes. An example:

9.186.144.0     209.140.6.33    255.255.240.0   UG    0      0        0
atm1
9.186.144.0     216.241.35.105  255.255.240.0   UG    0      0        0
atm0

Needless to say, this is causing routing loops. Right now I am
periodically killing the BGP sessions and re-starting them.

There is a second issue related to this: sometimes when I stop a BGP
session, the routes are not deleted from the kernel routing table, and I
have to reboot to clear it. Does anyone know of an easy way to clear out
the kernel routing table on linux without rebooting?

--
 Jawaid Bazyar                 |   Affordable WWW & Internet Solutions
 foreThought.net               |   for Small Business