List:       zebra
Subject:    [zebra 5927] FW: FW: FW: Zebra/ospfd over unnumbered interfaces?
From:       "Bulger, Tim" <TBulger () ea ! com>
Date:       2000-11-29 17:50:01

After playing with this for a few days, I found some interesting information
that might be helpful towards having a fix for this.  If there are three
interfaces on the system sharing the same IP address (one ethernet, two
PtP), ospfd will send a HELLO packet for each interface to the ethernet,
meaning three HELLO packets.  The reason for this, I believe, is a section
of ospf_packet.c that says:   /* Select outgoing interface by destination
address. */  ... It seems as though it exits this loop as soon as it finds a
match for the IP, without looking for more matches (I'm not a C programmer
:( ).  I'm just speculating here, but I suspect that the next step beyond
getting the adjacency stuff worked out is finding a way to tell ospfd/zebra
that a route learned over an unnumbered interface uses the interface as the
next hop instead of an IP address.

I appreciate you guys looking into this... Zebra is a huge part of my
production network and I'm trying to make it bigger. :)

Thanks all,
Tim