List:       zebra
Subject:    [zebra 5920] Re: bgp route problem
From:       wcm () catnap ! com (W Christopher Martin)
Date:       2000-11-29 5:58:57

Kunihiro Ishiguro writes:
> I committed part of the new RIB code, but not yet finished.  Please
> wait little bit more.

Will this fix a problem I've seen with recent CVS versions where
all BGP routes get into the RIB, not just the best one?

Specifically, with multiple peers, zebra is adding routes with
correct nexthop to each even though internally (as seen with
"show ip route"), it only shows the current best path.  I suspect
it is neglecting to delete previous route when a new best one
is chosen.

This is especially nasty with multiple iBGP peers because they
can end up routing to each other (i.e. a routing loop).

A wild guess as to when this started happening is when some changes
to support multipath OSPF routes were done.  I could be wrong.

Chris Martin
Catnap Consultants