List:       zebra
Subject:    [zebra 2423] Problem getting RIP up
From:       Dr Andreas F Muller <afm () othello ! ch>
Date:       1999-11-29 14:14:29

Hello,

thank you all for the wunderful work on zebra. I was  quite  suc-
cessful  in  setting  up  OSPF on a couple of Linux boxes (kernel
2.2.10), however, I failed in the following points, and  was  un-
able  to  pinpoint  the problem using documentation and/or ML ar-
chives:

1. OSPF does not redistribute the default route  it  has  learned
   via OSPF from a Cisco router. Is there anything special on the
   config file to activate this function?

2. I configured RIP with the following configuration file, but no
   224.0.0.9  packet ever gets sent out through any of the inter-
   faces.

        interface eth0
         ip rip send version 2
         ip rip receive version 2
        !
        interface eth1
         ip rip send version 2
         ip rip receive version 2
        !
        router rip
         network 193.5.25.0/25
         network 193.5.25.128/25

Can anyone provide a working configuration?

Mit herzlichem Gruss

                                        Andreas Mueller