List:       zebra
Subject:    [zebra 1116] Re: Route which exists before zebra invocation
From:       Alex Zinin <zinin () amt ! ru>
Date:       1999-07-30 14:09:56

>>What about RTF_PROTO1 and RTF_PROTO2 that I proposed, anyway?
>>They are standard.
>
>Yeah, until someone else comes up with the same idea. This is like the link
>flags on ethernet interfaces...they quickly become useless.

There, of course, is a possibility that some other process will also use
the same flags, but 1) we do not seem to have other ways of marking
zebra-installed routes (I thought about extending rt_metrics, but kernel
can just ignore extra info and not store it),  2) it will be documented so that
it is well known, 3) there can be a configurable option allowing to specify
the way of marking with platform-dependent default value, for example:

ip mark-zebra-routes {RTF_PROTO | RTPROT_ZEBRA | RTF_DYNAMIC}

Do you have any other suggestions ?

Best,
Alex D. Zinin, Consultant
CCSI #98966
CCIE #4015
AMT Group / ISL
Cisco Systems Gold Certified Partner
http://www.amt.ru
irc: //EFNET/#cisco, //irc.msn.com/#NetCisco [Ustas]