List:       zebra
Subject:    [zebra 120] Re: zebra-980813
From:       kunihiro () zebra ! org
Date:       1998-09-01 8:27:40

Hi, this is Kunihiro.

>[root@washuu zebra]# zebra
>98/08/27 00:51:49: interface lo is added.
>ioctl: Invalid argument

I think I find the reason why this occur.

zebra try to get interface's index by SIOCGIFINDEX when it's defined.
With glibc SIOCGIFINDEX is defined in /usr/include/ioctls.h but it
doesn't exist in /usr/include/linux/sockios.h.  So zebra try to get
interface's index by SIOCGIFINDEX but it isn't suppoted by the kernel.

So I've changed code if SIOCGIFINDEX is defined and return error
interface's index remain zero.

ftp://ftp.zebra.org/pub/zebra/develop/zebra-980901.tar.gz

o When ioctl (SICGIFINDEX) returns error silently ignore it. And
  interface's index remain zero.
o Set address family when we get interface's address by SIOCGIFADDR.
o zebra : ip address filter coding is started.
--
Kunihiro Ishiguro