List:       zebra
Subject:    [zebra 22925] Re: Zebra, ospf,
From:       Arnold Nipper <arnold () nipper ! de>
Date:       2006-07-13 21:08:58

On 13.07.2006 20:09 Dawson, Mark wrote

>>Looks like you want to do something like anycast, don't you?
>>Make sure to inject the route from the backup server with
>>higher metric and you should be done ...
>
> Yes, this is precisely what I want to do.  Here's a bit more detail:
>
> HostA will have IP 10.1.1.2/24, for example.  HostB will have IP
> 10.1.2.2/24.  There will be a VIP on which the application listens that is
> 192.168.0.2/24, and it will be aliased on the loopback interface, lo0.
>
> What I would like to do is get an ospf config in Zebra so that the host
> route from HostA will have a lower cost than that of HostB.  Once a failure
> occurs on HostA, then clients will route to HostB.
>
> You guys are much more savvy on Zebra than I.  Do any of you have any idea
> how a config for this would look?

I would try something like

! HostA
ospf 1
network 10.1.1.0/24 area 0.0.0.0
 redistribute connected metric-type 1
 redistribute connected metric 0

! HostB
ospf 1
network 10.1.2.0/24 area 0.0.0.0
 redistribute connected metric-type 1
 redistribute connected metric 16777214

Note: there have to be more routers taking part in ospf 1.

--
Arnold Nipper, AN45