List:       zebra
Subject:    [zebra 22486] Re: 40K pps
From:       Michael Bernstein <mb_jobs () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-06-30 14:14:37

Hi I was wondering if you can help me understand.
There were a few things in this last message:

When you're talking about linux pktgen (you say
testing or can it be used in production?). How does
this fit in with Zebra?

Now, when you talk about a PCI-X slot in a
motherboard. For example, my ASUS board has one but
I've never used any type of PCI-X card before. I'm
guessing what you're talking about with "PCI-X bus
even 1.488 Mpps" means you're using a GigE or FastEth
PCI-X card and achieving extremely high packet
processing because the PCI-X bus is so much faster
when compared with regulard PCI or SCSI. The bus is
what allows the CPU to talk with the interface card,
so a faster and wider bus means more speed.. Am I
right here about any of this? Thanks for cluing me in.

The last questions were in regards to rDoS (what is
it?) and LC-trie (what is this?).

Also, when you mention "flow testing" what exactly do
you mean by this?

I really am interested in learning more about routing.
Most of my background is in Cisco.

Thanks again,

Mike