List:       zebra
Subject:    [zebra 21950] Re: FW: Zebra + BGP configuration
From:       "Taylor, Delroy (Mission Systems)" <Delroy.Taylor () ngc ! com>
Date:       2004-11-03 23:48:02

HELP,

Sorry to bother you but I have nowhere else to look for help .... I still have not \
been able to get the  bgpd daemons to work together on the configuration discussed \
below ... ( I have also tried using the  configuration in bgpd.conf.sample with the \
same results) I am using zebra.094 with redhat 9.0.

sho ip bgp n  report that the BGP state =active ... the remote router-id shows \
0.0.0.0 instead of the  address of the peer router ... I have tried a lot of zebra / \
bgp commands but I have not been able to get the bgp state past the active state or \
been able to get the remote router-id to be other than 0.0.0.0. I believe the \
remote-id of 0.0.0.0 my be the issue but I am not able to change it.

I have tried using a single AS or two AS  with the same results.

Here are copies of my configuration files.

zebra.conf is empty (except for the hostname) on both systems.

bgpd.conf   (host a)

hostname hosta

router bgp 200
bgp router-id 180.10.100.2
network 180.10.100.0/24
neighbor 180.10.100.1 remote-as 200

******************
bgpd.conf   (host b)

hostname hostba

router bgp 200
bgp router-id 180.10.100.1
network 180.10.100.0/24
network 180.10.10.0/24
neighbor 180.10.100.2 remote-as 200

Each host is able to ping the other host.

Thanks for any help or suggestions

Delroy