List:       zebra
Subject:    [zebra 20114] RE: stopping RIP adv.of lan routes when lan cable d
From:       Eric Polin <eric.polin () netwolves ! com>
Date:       2003-07-31 21:28:22

BTW --

This happens with ospf as well. I have found that when the internal
interface is faulty, i can run a vrrp off script that will kill ospf/zeb,
and the reverse routes will work properly with the secondary (backup) box,
and then when the interface becomes active again, i can run zebra/ospf(or
rip), and the routes recover. This method works, however it is deffinatly
not clean. i would rather have an internal command in zeb/ospf/rip to
determine that the lan network is down (or the lan card has no
carrier/down/etc..), and when that network is unreachable, it should stop
advertising the route. When the network is reachable again, it should
advertise.

thansk for any help.

Eric Polin
System Engineer