List:       zebra
Subject:    [zebra 19222] Re: Routes in ospfd not appearing in	zebrad/kernel...
From:       David Lamparter <david.lamparter () t-online ! de>
Date:       2003-05-31 17:29:04

Ted Kaczmarek wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 21:13, frodo wrote:
>
>>Some times this thing is happening at our router too... ospfd doesn't
>>work how it should :(
>>And its wirde after ip ro fl proto zebra its still same :(
>>
>>May be some buggy interconection beatween zebra&ospfd ?

[snip]
>>>I have a mix of zebra/cisco OSPF routers running a single OSPF area.
>>>Sometimes, when topology changes, all the zebra routers 'lose' the
>>>route
>>>that changed. The changed route appears in zebra's ospf database (sh ip
>>>ospf database), but not in zebra's route table (sh ip route).
>>>
>>>Example of what it looks like (watch 192.168.1.208/29; it's the route
>>>than just went down and came back up at the originating router):

[snip]
>>>This can happen regardless of whether it's a cisco or zebra router
>>>originating the route, and a restart of zebra/ospfd always clears up
>>>the
>>>problem. All the cisco OSPF routers in the area pick up the new route
>>>just fine. Running zebra 0.93a, linux 2.2.21 kernels (redhat 6.2 boxes)
>>>
>>>Any ideas?

[snip]

> I also have seen some similar behavior but using bgpd. I am guessing
> that the update to the RIB is not always doing what it should.
> Restarting zebra will always resolve the anomailies. I had to add a snat
> rule to get around a new firewall rule and after restarting iptables
> tables, my next hop which used to be a ptp(cipe) changed to the next hop
> gateway for the eth0 interface.Yet the bgp tables was intact. This is
> all stock RH9 stuff.  By the way, I use the snat rule to get around the
> nat issues in the version of cipe that RH9 is using. Hopefully when time
> permits I will try to add some more useful info :-)
>
> Ted

Hi,

I have a very similar problem; sometimes routes simply get "lost"
somewhere between zebra and bgpd/ospfd/ospf6d (border router); they show
up in the routing daemon's "show ... route" but they don't show up in
zebra "show ip route" ... I didn't have the time to trace the problem
down yet, but I'll try to provide some debugging information asap.

("generic" information:)
zebra-pj 0.94, CVS May 10 23:33 (updating right now)
"zebra-only" environment running OSPF and BGP over GRE tunnels
(IPv4+IPv6) on Linux 2.4.20 (partially w/ USAGI IPv6 patches applied)

restarting zebra/ospfd/ospf6d/bgpd always solves the problem (... for a
short time ...)

I only was able to observe the disappearance for IPv4; it usually
happens when more than one route (BGP/OSPF) is availiable for a specific
destination, but it also happens without multiple routes availiable
(maybe some kind of a race condition?). For IPv6 I guess it is the same
problem, but I wasn't able to observe it.

David

P.S.: Paul Jakma: this one is the same problem as the one I talked to
you about on IRC

--
A0C21986 David Lamparter (equinox) <david.lamparter@t-online.de>
2D7F 5CC6 93AD 38DD 6CD5  47A0 A5F0 4657 A0C2 1986