List:       zebra
Subject:    [zebra 18095] Doubts in OSPFv3 - SPF calculation
From:       "Karthikeyan Subramaniam" <keyans () rediffmail ! com>
Date:       2003-02-28 11:07:07

Hello to all,

    I have some doubt in OSPF v3 SPF calculation.

In section 3.8.1 while processing multiple router LSA associated
with the router
The RFC says that
  "The Options field and the router type bits (bits W, V, E and B)
should always
be taken from "fragment" with the smallest Link State ID"
    This process is done in step 2 of "calculating shortest path
tree for that area"
Can anybody explain me why the options field and the router type
bits should
always be taken from fragment with smallest Link state ID?

Thanks in advance.
S.Karthikeyan