List:       zaurus-java
Subject:    [Zaurus-java] RE: -bootclasspath (Thomas HEUTE)
From:       "Chris Mcnally" <chrismcnally () pobox ! com>
Date:       2002-07-20 19:39:21

i don't think you need to use -bootclasspath at all, just use -cp
i am assuming that you are not replacing the jdk classes , so you just need

 evm -cp /home/root/directory/toto.jar toto.Toto

that should do it. make sure you use colons (i do not know why) in the
classpath if you have multiple jars, ie

evm -cp
/home/root/term/rm.jar:/home/root/term/term.jar:/home/root/cerm/ulrt.jar
term.RmMain

as far as info on coding in java for the Z, most java coding is just java
coding, no matter what machine you use.  Just realize you are writing for
Personal Java, which does not support swing, and is basically JDK 1.1.8.
You will certainly have to scrounge around for info on java coding on the Z.
i have been doing it. I've used a few classes awt classes from JCLASS BWT
for UI widgets. otherwise i write my own AWT user interface components. Look
at the Sun site for info on personal java. Or in usenet.

you don't need to use SWING and as a matter of fact, you should not download
'the latest JDK' from sun, as you website states. Personal Java with Jeode
is equivalent to JDK 1.1.8, instead you might use that to compile your
classes and you would not have to worry about using classes that are not in
the runtime on the Z. There is also a program, javacheck that will check if
your java classes will run under personal java.

hope that helps

chris