List:       zaurus-java
Subject:    [Zaurus-java] Is there any way to make java windows stay put?
From:       Ilan Volow <raskinite () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-05-31 3:02:18

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have no idea
where to go for the answer.

Does anyone know exactly what the difference is in
window management between the native Qtopia
applications and Java/Python/other apps running on the
Zaurus? I've written some stuff in java and in Python
for my Zaurus, but the apps create windows that move
around, which is not something you want in a mobile
style, document-oriented UI. Yet the native Qtopia
apps all stay put and maintain the consistent Qtopia
window style. I have this sinking feeling that the
obvious answer is that I'd have to write some sort of
java/python bindings to the Qtopia libs to get
consistent window management.

Has anyone figured out a good, lazy kludge to make the
non-Qtopia windows behave?

--Ilan Volow

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com