List:       zaurus-general
Subject:    Re: [Zaurus-general] SD Card compatibility list ? && Z keep resetting
From:       Kyle Davenport <kdd () tvmax ! net>
Date:       2003-12-01 3:50:21

Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:

>On Friday 28 November 2003 12:29 am, Chris Russell wrote:
>

>>Mine used to reset itself in my pocket from time to time until I figured
>>that it was the coins in the same pocket that was causing the resets.
>>Try this, turn your Zaurus on (or even leave it suspended) and run a
>>coin accross the connectors on the bottom of the unit. It will instantly
>>reset and lose everything (except whats on any storage cards, of
>>course). So, the solution is to leave the cover over the connectors
>>closed or don't store any metallic objects in the same pocket. (If this
>>is what is causing your problems, of course.)
>>

>Interesting.... I guess that's it. Yes, I often have coins in my pocket, and I
>often forget to close the I/O port because I plug and unplug it often. I
>tried the experiment and it indeed resetted itself.
>Thanks a lot for the info. It's most useful.

It's reset on me about 5 times now.  The only common element for me was
a "twisting pressure" on the case, such as when pressed against a leg in
a pants pocket.  To me this means something is loose inside, and breaks
the internal battery circuit.    I had to stop carrying it around like
that, since I won't put it in a hard shell case.

--
Kyle Davenport - unix sys admin consultant - Dallas TX