List:       zaurus-general
Subject:    [Zaurus-general] SL-5500 : want software feeds or Debian packages
From:       Rory Campbell-Lange <rory () campbell-lange ! net>
Date:       2003-11-28 14:46:54

Hi

I've installed the latest OZ ROM and it seems to work well after a
cursory check. (My 802.11b Pretec card was recognised instantly --
although the 52:12 zImage won't eject it!)

I'm going to be doing all my storage on a 128MB SD card.

I've installed the odd thing through the Zaurus stable feed (which is
configured automatically, although the 'testing' and 'unstable' feeds
don't appear to exist any longer on the OZ site), but I'm now very keen
to install the following

    mutt
    hnb
    w3m

in a seamless way so that I can get any upgrades that come through. As a
Debian user I would be delighted if I could grab things through
apt/dselect : is this feasible?

I've tried installing various packages after downloading from
killefiz.de.  For example, if I try and install the hnb package on my SD
card /mnt/card/usr/bin isn't put in my $PATH, and hnb complains of a
missing libncurses.so.4

I'm happy working in the console -- I don't need the standard PIM apps
at all.

Thanks for any help or advice
Rory

--