List:       zaurus-general
Subject:    Re: [Zaurus-general] can't SSH, can't telnet, can't do nothing to Z
From:       "Reuben D. Budiardja" <techlist () voyager ! phys ! utk ! edu>
Date:       2003-11-12 20:41:16

On Wednesday 12 November 2003 03:20 pm, you wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 November 2003 11:53 am, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
<snip>

> > > Can we start with finding out what you know?  What ROM are you
> > > running on your Z?  Is this an SL-5500 or SL-5600?
> >
> > SL-5500, the ROM is the original that shipped with it.
>
> It is often important to know which version this is when communicating
> with other folks.  Go to the System Info applet and the last tab
> (Version) gives the numbers.

OK. It's ROM version 2.38.

<snip>
> > and have the following script in
> > /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-usb0:
> >
> > BOOTPROTO=static
> > BROADCAST=192.168.129.255
> > IPADDR=192.168.129.201
> > NETMASK=255.255.255.0
> > NETWORK=192.168.129.0
> > DEVICE=usb0
> > NOZEROCONF=yes
>
> I think the solution is here....
>
> The PC and the Z _cannot_ have the same IP address.  Set the IPADDR
> for the PC to 192.168.129.1.  Some folks use 192.168.129.200.  It
> just cannot be .201.  Also, it is possible that DEVICE= should be
> 'usbd0' rather than 'usb0'.  (usbd0 is for usbdnet module; usb0 is
> for usbnet on later kernels.)

Wow.. it worked !! Thanks.

OK, I guess the how to that I read has some wrong info, or maybe my typo, I
dunno. I also found out I don't need usbdnet since I have newer kernel and it
has usbnet. So I just removed the usbdnet and put it into blacklist.

So I can now SSH to Z. Does this means I can use QTopia Desktop for linux too
and sync?

Again, thanks a lot!!
RDB

--