List:       zaurus-general
Subject:    Re: [Zaurus-general] best price for C750/C760
From:       Greg Gilbert <greg () treke ! net>
Date:       2003-08-28 16:53:08

* Hamish Marson (hamish@travellingkiwi.com) wrote:
> Shawn Gordon wrote:
> I hate it when people do just what I'm doing now, but they look a bit
> expensive (Not a dig at you Shawn. Just an observation. I realise they
> probably aren't that cheap for you either). But here in the UK I can
> pickup an h-Paq 3970 for #300 sterling... Vs about #500 for the 760...
> (Sorry I dodn't look at the 750 proce :)

They are pretty expensive, but remember there are many differences
between the C750 and 760 and the iPaq.

1) The 7[65]0 both use use PXA255 CPU, which is supposed to perform
much better than the PXA250 in the C700, and iPaq 3970.

2) The iPaq has 64MB of ram, and 48MB of flash, and it uses part of
RAM for storage along with part of flash. The C760 has 128MB of
storage, of which 64MB is always used for storage, and you can make
room in the other 64MB and use it for installing applications. Both
of the zauruses have 64MB of RAM.

3) The screen. The iPaq has a nice looking 320x240 screen while the
C7[56]0 have a 640x480 screen. The iPaq screen has better visibility
in direct sunlight though.

4) The C7[56]0 has the internal keyboard.

5) The Zaurus has both CF and SD built in while the iPaq uses
sleeves. Some people prefer the built in devices for the size
benefits, others like the flexibility of the sleeves ( I like them
).

6) The Zaurus uses a larger replaceable battery than the builtin
battery on the 3900.

> Not that I don't long for one myself, even at that price, but I just
> can't justify that sort of money...

Fair enough. they are very expensive devices after you add in the cost
of importing them, but the prices are fair for what you get. Both
are great devices that can run Linux and qtopia, so take your pick
:p

  Greg

  Gregare fair for what you get.