List:       zaurus-general
Subject:    Re: [Zaurus-general] [newbie] OpenZaurus, Flashing, Etc..
From:       Dave Leifer <Leifer () attglobal ! net>
Date:       2003-06-14 15:48:12

On Friday 13 June 2003 11:48 pm, Alf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	Apologize if these questions have been asked before, just got the
> SL5500 and am exploring my "final" setup.

No such thing as a final setup 8^).

> 	I'm debating to install OpenZaurus and play around with it. I like
> the idea of being able to allocate X memory space and Y storage space.
> Just wondering, will I be able to "reverse" the installation of OZ and get
> back to the Sharp Rom 3.1 ? (I cant seem to be able to find raw rom images
> to be copied to the CF card to reflash to 3.1 using the C+D+full reset)

- http://myzaurus.com
- Downloads
- SL-5500
- SL-5500 v3 Zaurus OS and Synchronization Upgrade:
- 5500v31c.zip File
There is an OSPack file in the zip.

You _will_ lose all your data when you flash.  Note that the PIM data formats
are incompatible too.

> 	Also, is there any distributions there that does 64mb memory space
> and SD storage space ? This way i can flat the battery and i never lose my
> data :P

You can do this with OZ.  There is a FAQ
http://openzaurus.org/oz_website/faq/faq?id=31

> 	And I was wondering, there are led light apps for internet
> activity,etc.. Is there any for "harddisk" activity. Would love to see
> when my CF/SD cards are being accessed..

Not seen this.

You probably want to familiarize yourself with the archives of the
openzaurus-users list.  (And join that list for further questions.)

Dave