List:       zaurus-general
Subject:    Re: [Zaurus-general] IBM AS/400
From:       Kyle Davenport <kdd () tvmax ! net>
Date:       2003-01-29 7:18:06

Colin Pinkney wrote:

>dan carter <dcarter@waitaki.otago.ac.nz>@lists.sourceforge.net on
>28/01/2003 10:35:11
>
>>Kyle Davenport wrote:

>>>There are a bunch of web browser based emulators but they all depend on
>>>java applet support, which we don't have.
>>>

>>Can jeode not run applets?
>>
>>Whilst it's not integrated into opera or netfront it might be possible
>>to download the classes and launch it from the commandline.
>>

>You can pass a simple local HTML file that references a local applet jar or
>class to the Jeode JVM at the command line (evm), but of course the applet
>must only use the features in the PersonalJava spec.

Yup, I was thinking browser.  We can run simple applets like this:
evm| -appletviewer
<http://more.sbc.co.jp/slj/doc/jeode/jeode_tips.asp#-appletviewer>
<URL|HTML file name>|

(http://more.sbc.co.jp/slj/doc/jeode/jeode_tips.asp#-appletviewer).
It's just that every one I have tried has not worked! : (

I have played with this, and it's a very robust solution on linux:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/jt400

I wonder what a port to pjava would entail.

Kyle