List:       zaurus-chatter
Subject:    [Zaurus-chatter] Strange Linux/USB behavior?
From:       Ryan Joseph <rjoseph () fourss ! com>
Date:       2002-08-27 23:37:04

Hello Everyone,

I have an SL-5000D Zaurus, and am running 2.4.18 linux (slackware 8.1).
Here's where my problem lies.  It's not that the Zaurus CAN'T connect to
my computer via usb (I have usbdnet.o and usb-uhci.o modules loaded
perfectly) - in fact, it does connect and I can sync and everything.

The problem lies in when I turn the Z off (well, not technically "off",
but suspended with the Cancel/On-Off button).  You see, after I turn it
off ONCE, and then try to RE-sync it with my linux computer (in fact,
I've tried this with two entirely different machines, the other running
2.4.17, and the same thing happened), I get this error from 'dmesg':

hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1, assigned device number 7
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=7 (error=-110)

Of course, the address # just keeps going up, but you can see what is
happeneing.  The ONLY way I've found to fix this is to Reboot my Z,
which is quite an annoying thing to have to do everytime I want to sync.

Has anyone else expereinced this, and if so, might you know how to fix
it?

Thanks
Ryan Joseph