List:       yaffs
Subject:    Re: [Yaffs] yaffs_mtdif[12]*.c missing
From:       Charles Manning <cdhmanning () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-11-07 17:05:18

On Thursday 08 November 2012 00:42:12 Thorsten M=FChlfelder wrote:
> Am Wednesday 07 November 2012 02:18:51 schrieb Charles Manning:
> > Sorry, this got messed up by changes for the new driver model.
> >
> > This should now be sorted.
>
> Thanks, I could successfully patch and build the kernel now.
>
> > If you have other problems then you might like to choose a version befo=
re
> > the driver model changes. ie. the pre-driver-refactoring tag.
>
> BTW: Is there a kernel version + yaffs version, that is recommended for
> stable use?

In the embedded systems world kernel stability is more often than not drive=
n =

by platform specific factors making it very difficult to make suggestions =

like that.

Yaffs integration should be pretty straight forward. If it compiles and lin=
ks =

then it should be Ok. I am aware that there are some recent changes which =

probably make for issues with the latest Linux kernels (3.4 or so ) that ha=
ve =

not been integrated. That is on my todo list.

-- CHarles