List:       yaffs
Subject:    Re: [Yaffs] File is truncated
From:       Ketil Froyn <ketil () froyn ! name>
Date:       2011-11-30 9:24:11

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Brilliantov Kirill Vladimirovich
<brilliantov@byterg.ru> wrote:
> Ketil Froyn wrote on 11/30/2011 11:29 AM:
>
>> If it's the driver, like Charles said, it won't be any of these, but the
>> (kernel) source for the mtd device you are using.
>>
>> -Ketil
>

> Thank yor for your reply, Ketil!
> Sorry, but I don't understand your question.
> I also try using JFFS2 on this NAND and I don't have this problem.

Sorry, I can't help you with the kernel driver, and we don't know
which one it is. It depends on the NAND device you are using.

yaffs2 stores tags in OOB, but I'm not sure JFFS2 does that. If this
is the case, it might explain why you notice these issues with yaffs2
and not JFFS2. It's possible to ask yaffs2 to store the tags in-band
(not in OOB), but I'll refer you to the documentation for further
details on that.

-Ketil