List:       yaffs
Subject:    [Yaffs] Illegal use of YAFFS
From:       Laurie van Someren <laurie () aleph1 ! co ! uk>
Date:       2010-09-22 14:15:07

Dear Readers,

Aleph One Limited discovered a Far-Eastern company selling
data-management hardware through a distributor in Europe that used YAFFS
in the software, under GPL.  We asked the distributor for sight of the
Source Code and they were unable to provide it.

With the assistance of the law firms Moorcrofts in Marlow, England, and
JBB Rechtsanwalte in Berlin, we pursued the matter with the distributor
and negotiated a financial settlement, including an element for damages,
to our satisfaction.

We are always ready to discuss suitable terms of a Licence to use YAFFS.

LvS

--
Laurie van Someren, Aleph One Ltd, Old Courthouse, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE
CB25 9BA  UK  t: +44 (0)1 223 811 679  www.aleph1.co.uk & www.yaffs.net