List:       yaffs
Subject:    [Yaffs] Can't compile Yaffs2 for 2.6.8 with gcc 3.3.4
From:       "Martin Fouts" <Martin.Fouts () palmsource ! com>
Date:       2005-05-19 21:55:26

=20
Hi,

I'm obviously doing something dumb, but I'm not seeing what it is.  Any
help would be appreciated.

I'm working on a Suse 9.2 platform with 2.6.8 kernel and gcc 3.3.4.  I
can modify and build kernels that compile, boot and operate without
problems.

I grab the yaffs source from the cvs archive using anonymous CVS.

I modify the Makefile and set KERNELDIR to point to the proper
directory.

I type 'make -k'. (Gnu Make 3.80)

Everything compiles excecpt yaffs_fs.c and yaffs_guts.c

So I go to kernel that org and grab a bunch of kernels for 2.6.1 through
2.6.11 and stick them in a tree.  I try building against various
kernels.  I can't get yaffs to compile against any of them.

I've clearly missed a step in the instructions.  Advice?  Pointers to
the source for working versions in 2.6.8?

I should mention that this is just a step towards getting yaffs to run
on arm linux on the TI Perseus 2 development system.  We have a working
arm linux, and I'm trying to integrate yaffs2 with it.

Thanks,

Marty