List:       yaffs
Subject:    RE: [Yaffs] Re: YAFFS and HW ECC
From:       "Charles Manning" <Charles.Manning () trimble ! co ! nz>
Date:       2005-03-18 1:22:05

The best way to look at mkyaffsimage, IMHO, is as a hackable tool that
you reconfigure to your needs. mkyaffsimage is pretty straight forward,
so this is easily done.

mkyaffsimage was written quite a while back and has not been made
flexible to work with different OOB layouts. All that is needed is to
mess around with write_chunk which is a very short and, IMHO, easy to
understand function.

If someone wants to make mkyaffsimage more flexible and contribute it
back(eg. James Ng contributed a pitch for BE and LE), that would be fine
too.