List:       yaffs
Subject:    [Yaffs] YAFFS and HW ECC
From:       Roberts Nathan-mcg31137 <Nathan.Roberts () motorola ! com>
Date:       2005-03-09 20:41:33

I have a question regarding HW ECC and YAFFS.

If a hardware ECC implementation automatically updates ECC bytes in the spare area \
yet those bytes conflict with the tags that YAFFS places in the spare area, it seems \
like I'm out-of-luck as far as utilizing HW ECC.

Am I really out of luck or can minor modifications be made to the YAFFS usage of the \
spare area to avoid the conflict thus allowing me to use the hardware's automatic ECC \
capabilities?

Thanks for any advice.
Nathan