List:       xwt-widgets
Subject:    [widgets] Organising niwi development
From:       Charles Goodwin <charlie () xwt ! org>
Date:       2003-10-21 23:26:11

Adam, since you are interested in helping to speed up development, this
really applies to you.

Basically I'm not around until Monday - I had to move house at a really
inconvenient time with regards to XWT.  It was supposed to happen weeks
ago which would have been far more preferrable - it's typical that the
day Nitrogen works on my home computer is a day before I'm due to move.

Basically, next HHH we need to sort out who is doing what.  I'm going to
spend all next week getting the underlying widgets (ie the -ables)
working with some basic widgets - button, check, radio - and then trying
to implement a form of table.  From my perspective, I have a demo to
give on January 1st (or thereabouts) and those are at the top of my
priority list of widgets that I need working.

The other priorities are the 'text' wigdets.  We need David to come back
from the grave to blitz them because he really did an amazing job with
the Lithium widgets.  Adam, if you really want to help this would be
where to help because I'm not confident I can do these in a short space
of time (is before Christmas) to a satisfactory level.  I can handle
everything else (to a degree).

Tomorrow I'll try and list all the widgets and which ones I keen to be
responsible for.  Then the others will be on a 'as I get to them' basis
unless somebody else steps in and declares an interest.

- Charlie

--
Charles Goodwin <charlie@xwt.org>
XWT Foundation - www.xwt.org