List:       xwt-widgets
Subject:    Re: [widgets] Local / lazy referencing
From:       Adam Megacz <adam () xwt ! org>
Date:       2003-10-12 21:49:31

Charles Goodwin <charlie@xwt.org> writes:
> Brian Alliet wrote:
> > I kind of like this "res" namespace idea. Who cares about java-y syntax?
> > DHTML/JS/Flash developers probably don't know what packages are anyway
> > and I'm sure most java developers realize js != java and don't expect
> > things to work the same.

> Let's make the HTML/JS transition the easy one.  I'm sure we wouldn't be
> hurting any Java developers' feelings.

Okay, sounds good to me.  I'll make the changes this afternoon.

What do people think of having the resource tree unified with the xwt
object?

  xwt.apply(xwt.box, xwt.com.megacz.app.main);

This is elegant for a lot of reasons, mostly because before your
"universe" was defined by *two* things: your XWT object and your
resource root.  If they're the same thing, it's a lot easier to
explain alternate universes to people.

BTW, you can now get a new box just by reading from xwt.box.  No
function-call syntax needed.

  - a

--
"Education is not filling a bucket but lighting a fire." -- WB Yeats