List:       xwt-users
Subject:    [xwt-users] Support channels
From:       Emiliano Heyns <emiliano () iris-advies ! nl>
Date:       2003-10-15 16:15:40

Charles Goodwin wrote:

>> Regarding #xwt, I can't be logged in all the time, but I'd *luuurve*
>> for there to be an IM-ish #xwt thingy. Maybe a jabber server, maybe a
>> IRC-to-IM gateway. Anyone know of such a beast? If it can hop a proxy,
>> or work on CLI, so much better.
>
> That sounds horrendously annoying.  Unless it only messages a
> notification that there is a discussion occuring, with an interval of at
> least 15 minutes,

The point of an IRC-to-IM bridge is that you could use either. I'd not
want my IM client to pause for 15 minutes (not really instant, either).
The Jabber clients I've used had a setting for 'I know a discussion is
going on, but I don't want to hear about it'. It would minimize and not
bother me.

> and only when you are online not in some form of
> 'away' mode, then I just couldn't deal with that.

*All* IM clients do that when you're in 'away' mode.

Emiliano