List:       xwt-users
Subject:    Re: [xwt-users]Shouldn't the server be as easy.
From:       Eric Merritt <cyberlync () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-07-09 1:35:11

> Please explain this to the groupware side of the OSS
> world since I can
> only ever find damned PHP shared calendering and
> contact management.
>
> Oh boy could the OSS groupware world do with some
> useful java
> programmers.

 Although there are exceptions, my general experiance
with PHP/ASP programmers is 'oh my god don't let them
near my code'. PHP tends to foster poor programming
habits, so if you learn coding from PHP you generally
turn out to be a pretty crappy programmer. You can
write good PHP but you have to already know what you
are doing and then work at it.

 My general idea of PHP is that its an adiquate
templating language and thats about it.