List:       xwt-dev
Subject:    [xwt-dev] java.net.InetAddress.getByName()
From:       Andrew Kohlsmith <akohlsmith-xwt () benshaw ! com>
Date:       2003-01-30 17:05:37

I've traced down my problems with xmlrpc calls aborting (SIGABRT) to this
function.

No matter what I call the function with (existant or nonexistant host), I get
SIGABRT.  This happens with the latest CVS code, but not with CVS from
several months back.  Both are compiled with gcc 3.2.1 and jikes 1.18 (can't
compile 1.15, sorry).

Any ideas?  This computer can resolve hostnames just fine anywhere else, just
not in any recent dist.xwt.org binary, nor with latest CVS.  The 026f jar
file works fine (Blackdown Java 1.4.1, also tried with Sun).

Regards,
Andrew