List:       xwt-dev
Subject:    Re: [xwt-dev] Problems with native linux and X 4.2.1?
From:       Andrew Kohlsmith <akohlsmith-xwt () benshaw ! com>
Date:       2003-01-29 21:45:34

> I have been running across some really bizarre problems with XWT and X
> 4.2.1.

I grabbed an older copy of the engine CVS I had around here and compiled it --
we are now up and running.  (Latest CVS seems to think everything's a
zipfile, and then proceeds to unzip it incorrectly (even if it really is a
zipfile).

Any ideas on why the binaries from dist.xwt.org aren't working on this system?
I can do practically any kind of testing for anyone, but I just don't know
what I'm even looking for.

I *do* know that the XFree86 4.2.1 VESA driver doesn't get along with the
.jar-based distribution of the engine.  I can do testing with that as well if
somone's willing to tell me what to look for.

Regards,
Andrew