List:       xwt-dev
Subject:    [xwt-dev] Demo problem
From:       Allen Campbell <allenc () verinet ! com>
Date:       2002-10-29 23:15:04

There appears to be a problem with either the XWT Email client demo
or the XWT engine (on win32, at least.)  I have returned to the
email client demo several times recently to see if it was corrected,
but it still appears so I am reporting it here.

The email client hangs when the operator resizes the main frame.
In the lower-right corner of the main frame, there is a small widget
with a diagonal crosshatch.  This is a familiar control in windows,
used to resize the frame both horizontally and vertically at once.
Follow these steps to recreate the hang.

o  Start the email client from the demo page, and accept the default
   login
o  Before doing anything else, grab the resize widget in the
   lower-right corner
   NOTE: Don't use the window frame corner.  Use the widget (the
   part with the crosshatches.)
o  Drag the corner around, causing the frame to resize.

This will hang the application.  Repainting ceases and no further
events are processed.

I noticed that if you use the frame border (the part provided by
the "window manager," such as it is in Microsoft Windows) to resize
the frame no hang occurs.  Once you have done this, you can also
use the "corner" widget repeatedly and the application will not
hang.

I can't tell if this is an engine or an application problem.  It
has been consistent on both W2K and XP clients, using different
graphics drivers, so I know it's not a client problem.  Is the
"corner" widget a standard widget or a custom thing for the email
application?

--
  Allen Campbell       |  Lurking at the bottom of the
  allenc@verinet.com   |   gravity well, getting old.