List:       xwt-dev
Subject:    [xwt-discuss] XWT Helium deployed; NT/2k/XP testers needed
From:       Adam Megacz <adam () xwt ! org>
Date:       2002-04-28 1:08:25

XWT Helium is now mapped to "testing" and "unstable" on xwt.org.

If you're using WinNT/2k/XP, and XWT Mail used to hang for you with
Hydrogen, please help me out by testing this link:

  http://launch.xwt.org/testing/www.xwt.org/mail.xwar

If it hangs, search your hard drive (including "system folders") for
xwt-log.txt and post it *here* (discuss@xwt.org). You'll have to paste
it into an email since the mailing list rejects attachments.

If it doesn't hang, please post here with your OS version and a note
that it worked. If I get enough reports of it working, I'll close the
bug and send an official announcement to announce@xwt.org that Helium
is ready for development use.

Thanks!

This bug has been a gigantic pain to find and fix (it's taken almost
three weeks so far). The root cause turned out to be a bug in GCJ's
front end:

   http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=6393

The worst part is that the GCJ bug won't get fixed in time for GCC
3.1, so I had to hack a pretty ugly workaround into XWT.

  - a

--
The web is dead; long live the Internet.
http://www.xwt.org/