List:       xwt-core
Subject:    Re: [core] New XML Parser
From:       "Charles Goodwin" <charlie () mixdown ! ca>
Date:       2003-04-30 23:50:22

> I concur. Furthermore if there is some valid reason to add CDATA
> sections it shouldn't be hard to add to the XML parser.
>
> On towards Charlie's thoughts on CDATA for the doc tag; why? The format
> I've specified is perfectly xml friendly, xwt simply needs to ignore
> the <doc> element. There's no need for DTDs to do that.
>
> Corey

I think you missed the point Corey.

At the moment, say you want to give an example of usage of a template,
you'd have to do the following inside your <doc /> tag:

&lt;box>
   &lt;otherbox />
&lt;\box>

Now that's plain hideous.

I naively suggested having the <doc /> element automatically contain CDATA
so you wouldn't have to do this but could be lazy and not need to specify
the CDATA tag.

After reading David and Tupshin's responses on the matter, I agree with
them.  Better keep to the standard.  It's hardly much to add the CDATA tag
in the few instances you'll want it.

- Charlie